[tor-talk] Hard Google Recaptchas with Tor

Runa A. Sandvik runa.sandvik at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 08:02:14 UTC 2012

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 2:30 AM, grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> to hit new image often till you do. And the audio version is
>>> completely useless (though both via tor or not).
>>The new, horrible audio was in response to:
>
> Yes. And it's just creepy noise now. If its purpose
> is for the blind, the blind should be able to use it.
> Anyone want to sue them for ADA compliance?
> Add in a deaf person too and both captcha issues
> are solved.
>
>> I am not able to trigger reCAPTCHAs that are more difficult to solve
>> than the normal/standard/default ones. Do you have a screenshot of the
>> Tor Browser displaying such a reCAPTCHA?
>
> Javier posted: http://i.imgur.com/pjZOu.jpg
>
> It's exactly what I'm seeing via Tor with plain
> Mozilla FF + SOCKS. Even down to the curious
> letter distribution and "phonics".

The image Javier posted shows that harder-to-solve reCAPTCHAs exist on
the Internet, but it does not show them in the Tor Browser
specifically. If you run into this issue again, can you please take a
screenshot of the browser and let me know which exit relay you are
using? It could be that Google is serving harder-to-solve reCAPTCHAs
only to certain IP addresses, not to all Tor exit relays.

--
Runa A. Sandvik