[tor-talk] Private mail server (Was: i saw your response on the Tor talk list)

Andreas Krey a.krey at gmx.de
Mon Nov 19 04:34:48 UTC 2012

On Sun, 18 Nov 2012 16:18:35 +0000, Andrea Shepard wrote:
> > Servers doing the former deserve to be walked away from (to another
> > provider), and admins of servers doing the latter are criminals,
> > at least in my local jurisdiction.
>
> *boggle* criminal prosecutions for one's mail server configuration?
> Remind me to stay well clear of your jurisdiction.

To be more precise: You can't just drop mail that isn't yours when
you have no contract with the mail owner (sender/receiver) allowing
you to do so.

> In practice, on the few downtime events I have had with power outages or
> machine problems and such,

Yeah, the real problem is your home server going bellyup just while you
are away for two weeks, or developing fan problems the morning you are
going to the airport for said time.

Andreas

--
"Totally trivial. Famous last words."