[tor-talk] Need help -- File descriptors problem after update

survivd survivd at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 04:15:29 UTC 2012

	Hello,

I recently updated to I just 0.2.3.24-rc, and when i view my server in
arm, I see the following notice types on my tor processes:

*desc: 888 / 992 (89%)

04:44:31 [ARM_WARN] Tor's file descriptor usage is at 89%. If you run
out Tor will be
  unable to continue functioning.

*It doesn't seem like this should be a problem, because tor is running
as root and my /etc/security/limits.conf shows:
*

*               soft    nofile          4096
*               hard    nofile          65535

*Does anyone know how I can fix this?  I don't know where the "992"
number limit is coming from.  Thank you.**