[tor-talk] please test the new obfsproxy bridge debian/ubuntu directions

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Sun Nov 11 07:35:04 UTC 2012

Hi folks,

George and I have put together some instructions on how to set up
a Tor bridge + obfsproxy on Debian/Ubuntu:

https://www.torproject.org/projects/obfsproxy-debian-instructions

Getting more obfsproxy bridges up and running is useful because right
now they're the best way for users in China to get to the Tor network.

The recent Tor 0.2.4.x releases know how to automatically report your
obfsproxy address to the bridge directory authority, so we can give
out your address like we give out normal bridge addresses.

So: if you're on Debian or Ubuntu and have a moment to try out our
instructions, please do! Let us know where you get stuck, what Debian
flavors the instructions fail on, etc.

Thanks!
--Roger