[tor-talk] Denied with disposable/free mail services?

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 20:53:54 UTC 2012

> carlsbergerrebbe:
> http://information.rapid7.com/Nexpose-Enterprise-Full-Trial.html?LS=121655
> Presumably someone working for a "real" enterprise wont be using a
> freemail account like gmail so they are blocked

> joebtfsplk:
> I've seen some forums recently saying they've decided to deny registration
> w/ any free email service, including Gmail, etc.
> Reason usually given is too much spam is generated from those free accts
> (using the forums' bandwidth / increased data use).

What forum[s], or categories of forums, feel they are so in tune with their
userbase as to be able to deny access to the untold millions of legitimate
(and exclusive) users of free email services (gmail, yahoo, etc)?

> That sort of ties in w/ my post about ads slowing down TBB page loading.

I'd like to keep this thread strictly on the topic of email as in the OP and
leave the question/details of spam/advertising/speed to other threads.