[tor-talk] Can Tor users be tracked?

Nam Su namfree123 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 17:02:40 UTC 2012

2012. 11. 8. AM 1:31 adrelanos <adrelanos at riseup.net> wrote:

> Nam Su:
>> Hello. I saw a blog post in Internet. It says the government
>
> Not only government.
Does ISP can track Tor users?

>> can track Tor user with plugin like active-x and javascript. Is it true?
>
> Active-X / Flash:
> - Unless special setups are used, yes. It can establish direct
> connections and circumvent the proxy.
So, shouldn't I use active-x and flash?

> Javascript:
> - Can not be directly used for deanonymization. Can be used for browser
> fingerprinting, linking all sessions to the same pseudonym and to
> collect loads of other data, see ip-check.info for example.
> - Risk for browser exploits and therefore leak the IP.

Sorry. I have a poor English so I understand this JavaScript can't track my ip but can track other information like timezone, macaddress, and windows user name. I think there are some misunderstanding. Am I understand right?

>> And what should I do not to be tracked?
>
> Use The Tor Browser Bundle and never stop learning.

And I have one more question. Sometimes, I can't load Torcheck page *with tor*. Can my government and my ISP can block torcheck page if I use Tor?