[tor-talk] ads slow Tor Browser dramatically

Andreas Krey a.krey at gmx.de
Wed Nov 7 05:44:20 UTC 2012

On Wed, 07 Nov 2012 03:39:34 +0000, Julian Yon wrote:
> (2) Given what they can already do using technologies we know about, I
> can't help wondering if the advertising industry is in fact the true
> Global Adversary. It wouldn't surprise me if they were putting more
> resources into beating Tor than any nation state.

Why should they? They have 99.9% of low-hanging fruit (non-tor users)
that they can go after easily; putting money on the 0.1% isn't sensible
at all for them. While the TLAs don't care for the majority and don't
want to be unable to get at the last few users.

Andreas

--
"Totally trivial. Famous last words."
From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@*.org>