[tor-talk] Denied with disposable/free mail services?

House Nigga tarbaby at mixnym.net
Tue Nov 6 18:51:12 UTC 2012

> I've noticed that many web forums deny creation of new forum accounts
> if an email address from a disposable maildrop is given, ie:
> mailinator, etc. This makes me think the forum software includes
> in its popular distribution a list of these known maildrops?

They're getting good too I have to search hard to find one to get past. It's
not only forums its almost any site with a signup.

> I've also noticed major social sites denying these maildrops as
> well.

Yeah brotha

> And in some rare cases (though I failed to keep notes) I've seen
> some sites denying Yahoo and even Gmail because they are free.

gmail needs a cellphone sign up doesn't it?

> Although this is only partially related to Tor, I wanted to survey
> peoples experiences with denials keyed to attempted use of particular
> mail service providers. What are the trends or characteristics here?

it's BIG BROTHA, brotha! that ain't no lie and it ain't no good

> So called disposable maildrops are a special case that more sites
> tend to refuse (for no real reason given that many full yet free
> mail services exist).
>
> I'm more interested in experiences with regular full (IMAP/POP/SMTP/HTTP)
> yet free mail services being denied? And if that denial varies based
> on the perceived (presumably as seen by the target site's management)
> size, glamour, professionalism, security, catered user base, or
> obscurity of the mail service you attempted to use?

There aren't THAT many free full service mail accounts in the English
language. Some of the crew I work with on civil rights gigs found some
foreign language sites and they use those. Basically because we have so damn
much money in the USA we have to pay. Most other countries realize the
people can't pay so they still give free email with IMAP/SMTP and they don't
have the money to make a police state like we have either. Except maybe
England with their cute little cameras taking everybody's pictures.

--
TSA: Travesty and Sexual Assault
Don't want a forcible same-sex relationship? Don't fly, drive a car!