[tor-talk] Possible Linux torbundle issues

House Nigga tarbaby at mixnym.net
Mon Nov 5 14:44:59 UTC 2012

> On Sun, 04 Nov 2012 13:03:13 -0600 Joe Btfsplk <joebtfsplk at gmx.com> wrote:
>
> > On 11/4/2012 9:40 AM, House Nigga wrote:
> > Hi. Why does the Firefox browser in the torbundle constantly reset the home
> > page to the tor test page?
> >
> > Why does Noscript 2.5.8 in options-advanced tab-do not filter objects coming
> > from these sites, not let you remove .hulu.com and .youtube.com?
> >
> > Aren't these things possible privacy issues?
> >
> > --
> > We're the TSA and we're here to grope bitchslap and bend your daughters ova
> > the table. If you don't like it we charge you with disturbing the peace.
> > Watch the line wrap homies:
> > http://www.infowars.com/mom-found-guilty-by-court-after-refusing-tsa-pat-down-on-daughter/
> >

> In TBB > Options>General tab, should be able to select default behavior
> for home page / browser startup.  The default is probably tor check
> site, but I can set it to anything & seems to work.

You can set it to anything but try closing vidalia and the browser and
opening it up and in a few more times you will find it is reset to the
original page. Nothing seems to get the settings to be preserved.

> If it just doesn't seem to work, you can change the value in
> about:config, for:  browser.startup.homepage.

I did this and it also gets reset after awhile. I don't remember the name of
the key, I searched for it in about:config and changed it. It gets reset
after closing and opening again a few times.

> I can select hulu & youtube & just delete them.  Doesn't seem to be a
> problem.

It is a problem. If you close and go back and open it up again you will see
they get reset. I have tried this many times and have found no way of
deleting them.

> Uh... your user name - really?  How old are you?  Are you a big, bad
> gangsta / rapper?  Doesn't bother me too much personally, but it'd be
> offensive to a lot of people of all colors, especially black people.
> Public mailing lists really aren't the places for racial slurs.

I thought TOR and this mailing list were about free speech which I believe
in very much. If you must know I am a college-educated African-American man
in my thirties and have been involved in civil rights work including working
for the rights of people to demonstrate peaceably for things I personally
despise. Free speech needs to be free whether we personally like it or
not. I am a residential roofing contractor and I got these nicknames from
some of the black guys I work with. I am black, have been all my life and
it doesn't offend me, but I have a good sense of humor and think the world
could use one. If that bothers you I suggest you get your white on brotha!
If you check I think you'll see these settings appear to be accepted but get
reset after closing and restarting the torbundle a few times. Thanks for
trying to help with this. Peace!