[tor-talk] torsocks is broken and unmaintained

Ted Smith tedks at riseup.net
Fri Nov 2 17:15:44 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-11-02 at 13:09 -0400, Nick Mathewson wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 1:02 PM, adrelanos <adrelanos at riseup.net> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > [
>

> [...]
>
> > What are the consequences?
> >

> Probably somebody should fork it?

I consider myself someone moderately familiar with the Tor culture.

However, it's impossible for me as a user to know what I should be using
to force programs to use Tor.

The options I can think of, off the top of my head, are:

      * torsocks
      * tsocks
      * usewithtor
      * uwt (admittedly only because it was mentioned above)
      * torify
      * proxychains

torsocks seems to have already been forked or functionally duplicated.
What's needed now is a merge, or at least very good documentation on
when to use what.
--
Sent from Ubuntu