[tor-talk] Torbutton-birdy version 0.0.2

Jacob Appelbaum jacob at appelbaum.net
Fri May 25 18:24:03 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm pleased to say that Sukhbir, tanaq, and I are making progress on
Torbutton-birdy, the Torbutton like plugin for Thunderbird. Today marks
the second release with two important fixes:

  the auto-configuration wizard leaks, so we disabled it
  the timezone is now UTC and does not leak your actual timezone

You may download the xpi here:
https://github.com/downloads/ioerror/torbutton-birdy/torbutton-birdy.xpi

We had around 57 downloads for our first release, we'd love to see that
many users upgrade and send us feedback. We're really looking for
informational leaks but the most important kinds of leaks are proxy
bypass or other kinds of seriously harmful bugs.

Here is our long running open bug about reviewing torbutton-birdy:

All the best,
Jacob