[tor-talk] Socks5 and msmtp

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Thu May 24 03:23:42 UTC 2012

> Well, what could we begin to do?

I guess draft the use case and usage spec, pick a socks5
library or write one. Taking some of this from what's been
posted by people so far. Get it to the msmtp list.
I'm not really any good at C at all, so someone would have
to tackle that. But wherever msmtp makes a connect call
to a server or anywhere else, option it to proxy via socks5
routine I guess.

msmtp's complement, fetchmail, speaks of SOCKS in its
docs, mentions a couple socks libs. But I've not tested
fetchmail with them yet, it should be.

I think there's also a capable 'm' complement for fetching by
the same author as msmtp, but I don't remember its name.

esmtp seemed inferior at the time.