[tor-talk] Adobe Flash

Mike Perry mikeperry at torproject.org
Sun May 20 02:42:42 UTC 2012

Thus spake Joe Btfsplk (joebtfsplk at gmx.com):

> Did the world really need another browser?  No - now Google can
> gather data to their heart's content.  And people are flocking to
> it.

No, they did it to shape web standards and to set an example for web
client engineering, because no one else was taking that shit seriously.
Google's intentions with Chrome are directed by self-interest, but they
are not rooted in subterfuge.

Chrome has done a great deal to show everyone else in the browser space
how they were doing it wrong.

However, I agree that it would be dangerous to assume that Google's
position wrt Chrome will always remain what it is now.

--
Mike Perry