[tor-talk] Cannot connect to Tor any more.

Joe Btfsplk joebtfsplk at gmx.com
Mon May 14 13:37:50 UTC 2012

On 5/13/2012 11:57 AM, Aaron Whiteman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Further to yesterday's e-mail, here are some detailed logs which explain my problem.
>
> Is the problem circuit_build_times_set_timeout_worker(): and, if so, how to deal with it.
>
> The logs below should a non-VPN connection (connection via a VPN does work).
This isn't a direct answer to your problem, but may help some less
technical users.  Like in OLD Windows versions, often the solution to
strange problems or apps / system hanging was just to reboot.  I found
many times when Tor doesn't connect, in many cases, closing it (or
closing TBB), making SURE that all processes of Tor -  Tor, Vidalia, Tor
Browser are really stopped, then restart TBB / Tor solves the issue &
saves lots of time in trying to troubleshoot.

(I still find occasionally that closing the Tor browser in usual way
does NOT stop either / or the browser, Tor, Vidalia).