[tor-talk] Server/host for Tor forum in Iceland or Norway?

Jef Heri jefheri1 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 31 13:36:35 UTC 2012

Hello Tim and Simon,

Thank you both for your input. I have made a small list (see below) of the three Icelandic VPS hosts I will consider: eEnvo, 1984, and OrangeWeb. My first inclination is to use 1984, mostly because they're Tor friendly, but they don't' seem to offer the best service for the price...

[I'm pretty positive all three accept anonymous payment]

(A.) 1984 ( http://1984hosting.com/ )

A friend of the Tor Project and supporter of Internet anonymity,
privacy, and security. This company has been in business for ~6 years
and is the biggest in Iceland.

Cost: ~$26/MO
CPU cores: 4x Intel Xenon
Disk space: 16 GB
RAM: 512 MB
Transfer limit/MO: 200 GB
Bandwidth (speed): ???
OS: ??? (Any Linux distro?)
Virtualization: ???

Cost: ~$52
CPU cores: 6x Intel Xenon
Processor: ???
Disk space: 32 GB
RAM: 1024 MB
Transfer limit/MO: 400 GB
Bandwidth (speed): ???
OS: ??? (Any Linux distro?)
Virtualization: ???

(B.) OrangeHost ( http://www.orangewebsite.com/docs/vps.php )

Cost: ~$39/MO
CPU cores: 4x Intel Xenon x5650
Processor: 2.67GHz
Disk space: 600 GB
RAM: 8 GB
Transfer limit/MO: ??? (none?)
Uplink/bandwidth: 100 GB
OS: Any Linux distro
Virtualization: Full KVM virtualization on Linux x86

(C.) eEnvo ( http://www.eenvo.com/virtual-hosting ) -- They are very
new, but come with a strong recommendation from security expert, albeit
the recommendation is limited. I'm not sure if they will allow Tor exit
enclave...

Cost: ~$15/MO
CPU cores: ???
Processor: ???