[tor-talk] obfsproxy

proper at secure-mail.biz proper at secure-mail.biz
Thu Mar 29 21:34:28 UTC 2012

> Hi,
>
> is there any deb package or Ubuntu PPA repository for obfsproxy?
>
> If
> not - are there any plans for that?
>
> Regards,
>
> Matej

Although compiling obfsproxy is as easy as it could be, I asked that questions myself.
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/query?status=accepted&status=assigned&status=closed&status=needs_information&status=needs_review&status=needs_revision&status=new&status=reopened&component=Obfsproxy&order=priority

https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/4926 asn says
"Next task is to fix all the bugs that weasel found (...) and make a 0.1.1 release that can actually be packaged by Linux distributions,".

I don't think it's a good idea to wait for the distros. It can take quite some time. And torproject.org has it's own repository because they stated at some points somewhere (I don't find it anymore.), that "the distributions repository have
not been reliably updated".

I haven't seen any ticket for creating a .deb package. Perhaps obfsproxy should also be added to the torproject.org repository?