[tor-talk] How can the video play in TBB without plagins?

punkle jones punkle.jones at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 20:13:37 UTC 2012

https://media.torproject.org/video/2009-install-and-use-tor-browser-bundle.ogv
>> play in TBB when my plagin Shockware Flash is disable?
>> As I can see through the `top` there are no any gnash process in my
>> system when it plays. When it plays I can see only increasing cpu usage
>> of process `firefox`.
>
> You can't play it in TBB w/ the Flash plugin disabled or absent.
 NoScript may also have flash objects disabled by default (check settings).
> There are discussions about using Flash in TBB could, in some
circumstances, compromise your anonymity.

> If you just want to watch cat (feline type) videos, why not just use
Firefox w/o Tor network?

Language barrier fail.  The tor video in question is in ogg format, so
unless I'm mistaken it doesn't require flash.  It should be natively
supported in Firefox.

PJ