[tor-talk] TOR bridge mailing list

Robert Ransom rransom.8774 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 03:35:55 UTC 2012

On 2012-03-25, borderguard at riseup.net <borderguard at riseup.net> wrote:
> Since I was not able to find a place to share tor bridges, I created a
> place... or rather a mailing list:
> https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/torbridges

By default, each Tor bridge publishes a descriptor to the ‘bridge
authority’.  Every hour, the bridge authority sends the descriptors of
currently running bridges to bridges.torproject.org, which distributes
them to users who request bridges over HTTPS and by e-mail.

> If you or people you know are interested in obtaining bridges or
> disseminating them, this would be a good list to be on. The idea is that
> people would set up bridges, and send the ip, port and print to this list,
> and every week I would send out a limited list of what has been collected.

Distributing bridge addresses once a week is not useful.  Most bridges
move to a different IP address every 24 hours.

Robert Ransom