[tor-talk] Azureus cannot work with Tor

Simon Brereton simon.brereton at buongiorno.com
Thu Mar 22 19:06:14 UTC 2012

On 22 March 2012 12:15, Robert Ransom <rransom.8774 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2012-03-22, Michael Holzman <mike1248 at mail.ru> wrote:
>> Greetings,
>>
>> I'm a newbie trying to setup a working Azureus (aka Vuze)-Tor pair.
>> Unfortunately,I cannot achieve that. Reading the documentation and searching
>> the Internet did not help.
>
> Good.
>
> Read https://blog.torproject.org/blog/bittorrent-over-tor-isnt-good-idea .

Not to hijack a post - but I had some related questions around this link/post.

Does this advice apply if your torrent client can and does use a proxy
properly?  If so, why?

Does this advice apply if your OS is able to use a system proxy to
route all traffic through the proxy?  If so, why?

If the answer to either of these is that the tor proxy only proxies
TCP traffic, does the answer change if you use a VPN?

Thanks.

SPB