[tor-talk] trouble changing Aurora menu button color - userChrome.css

Joe Btfsplk joebtfsplk at gmx.com
Thu Mar 22 16:28:21 UTC 2012

Do others find that Aurora (no longer says Aurora) has almost the same
orange color as Firefox for main menu button, to be confusing, when have
TBB & Firefox both open (I believe the UI element name is
"appmenu-button.")?

I'm unable to correctly edit the userChrome.css file in TBB profile, to
change the color from orange to green (or what ever).  I hope when it
changes the menu button color, it'll also change the icon color in the
Windows tray.

I've edited the userChrome & userContent.css files before, but this
doesn't work in TBB.  I'm assuming that Aurora WILL use the
userChrome.css file, if proper commands w/ proper syntax are entered?

Here's the command I found on Lifehacker to change the app-menu button
color (using rgba instead of rgb).  I edited the userChrome.css file
that's in the path "E:\Temp\Tor Browser\TBB 2.2.35-8\Tor
Browser\FirefoxPortable\Data\profile\chrome".  This is same main path
(folder) where I launch TBB, using "Start Tor browser.exe."

> /* This changes color of orange Firefox menu button. */
>
> #appmenu-button {
> background-color: rgba(0,128,0,.8) !important;
I also tried putting spaces between the decimal values:  rgba(0, 128, 0,
.8).... which made no difference.

Can anyone see the problem - if there's one w/ syntax?  Or is there
another issue I'm overlooking w/ Aurora / TBB?

Thanks.