[tor-talk] What happened to the list of active nodes?

Karsten Loesing karsten at torproject.org
Wed Mar 21 21:33:34 UTC 2012

On 3/21/12 6:19 PM, David Carlson wrote:
> On 3/21/2012 10:33 AM, Karsten Loesing wrote:
>> On 3/21/12 4:04 PM, David Carlson wrote:
>>> Last night I tried to find the list of active nodes and it was gone.
>>> There was link to something called atlas, but it simply had a box marked
>>> search.  I tried to enter the name of my relay and I got an error.
>>
>> What error did you get?
>>
> When I search for 4U2Guess, which is on my local relay list, the error is:
>
> Backend error!
>
> The backend server replied with an error to your query. This probably
> means that you did not properly format your query. Or that you just are
> trying to fuzz my web app hoping to pwn me. Good luck! ;)

Huh, you're right.  This is now fixed.

The problem was that the backend server was not available via HTTPS, but
HTTPS Everywhere rewrote requests anyway.  The fix was to move the
backend service to a host which has the Tor cert and can provide it via
HTTPS.

Thanks for reporting the problem.

Best,
Karsten