[tor-talk] "EVIL bug" Linux Tor Browser Bundle (2.2.35-8)

Andreas Krey a.krey at gmx.de
Tue Mar 20 12:34:16 UTC 2012

On Tue, 20 Mar 2012 06:54:34 +0000, Joe Btfsplk wrote:
> clarissab, I can't tell what you meant by "Drama."
> Could you expand some on the HUGE "conspiracy"?  How would it be
> possible for Tor, Firefox & Vidalia NOT to talk over localhost?  Why is
> this a conspiracy?

He thinks doing communication on localhost has the same threat potential
as having history lying around on the local disk. (Which isn't the case.
For an engineer a bug may be trivial that isn't for the customer, whose
life, in this case, could depend on it.)

Andreas

--
"Totally trivial. Famous last words."
From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@*.org>