[tor-talk] high memory usage

Jon torance.ca at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 15:37:19 UTC 2012

On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 12:35 AM, eliaz <eliaz at tormail.net> wrote:
> The only problem I have with the bridge I'm running is that for some
> reason the memory used keeps climbing up, so that after three or four
> days I have to reboot the machine. AFAICT rebooting doesn't affect the
> bridge's usefulness much, but I can't do much else when the mem use
> reaches 2.9 G. I recall seeing some discussion of this way back in
> tor-talk, but can't find it. Can someone point me to it? [Running on
> Vistax64 2.5 GHz dual core cpu, 4 G RAM] Thanks - eliaz
> --
> gpg ID: C3E1E38D

Are you running any other programs with your bridge that might be
using your memory?

I have a exit relay that is running the same cpu and ram and have
never been up over 1G at any time.

I also run a bridge, with at times other things and my total ram there
doesn't even come close to 1G.

My guess is you may have some other programs running in the background
or other programs you may be using that is causing the ram to rise and
using up your resources.

Jon