[tor-talk] Tor and HTTPS graphic

Seth David Schoen schoen at eff.org
Tue Mar 6 04:55:36 UTC 2012

Eva Galperin and I worked on this graphic (drawn by Hugh D'Andrade)
that tries to show the difference between the threats Tor addresses
and the threats HTTPS addresses.

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2012/03/https-and-tor-working-together-protect-your-privacy-and-security-online

The complete interactive version is at

https://www.eff.org/pages/tor-and-https

You can click to enable or disable the use of Tor and HTTPS and
see what information different parties can see about your
communications in each case.  (It even includes a global passive
adversary from the NSA in a position to do a traffic correlation
attack.)

This is a very different kind of educational material than Joe Hall's
cool hands-on anonymity simulation concept, but I hope it will be
useful to some people trying to teach and learn about Tor.

--
Seth Schoen  <schoen at eff.org>
Senior Staff Technologist                       https://www.eff.org/