[tor-talk] TBB Users: We Need New Directions on Torifying Software! Solution Required! (Still not solved, month #3)

ming at tormail.net ming at tormail.net
Sun Mar 4 02:29:31 UTC 2012

This is a repost of important question NOT solved within the last two months.

This is my second attempt today to send this message. Is it being deleted
by moderation because TBB may be a method of eliminating Tor use outside
of the browser and (maybe, IMO) the developers (may) wish to keep (a
larger majority of the) people in this walled Tor browser garden? My
other, unrelated message went through within seconds and was added to the
list.

Please solve!

This page:

Torifying software HOWTO:
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/TorifyHOWTO

is now, for most people using the Tor Browser Bundle, obsolete.

We who use the TBB do not have torify, usewithtor, tor-resolve, socat,
torsocks, privoxy, polipo and other types of programs within the TBB
directory.

I propose someone create a new page for Torifying software, aimed squarely
at TBB users. Would installing a proxy like Polipo or Privoxy and telling
Vidalia to use an HTTP proxy be enough? If so, where and what do we
configure with the proxy and Vidalia?

Please don't gloss over this post, it is very important, many individuals
the world over have expressed their desire to torify applications within
TBB, but they're stuck because they can't!

I am calling for answers and a definite resolution to this problem, thank you

Trace:

1st request:
- https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-talk/2012-January/022620.html

2nd request: