[tor-talk] Roger's status report, May 2012

coderman coderman at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 05:04:45 UTC 2012

On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 3:20 PM, Roger Dingledine <arma at mit.edu> wrote:
> - Launch a working-group of pluggable transport developers and
> researchers, and make sure they all know about each other.
> ... I'll aim to get a pluggable transport development page up
> on the website in June.

sounds interesting!
are these devs and researchers that already know about each other,
 or is this part call for participation?

any papers, wikis, git repos, or other resources expected this summer?

> - Camilo Viecco, who now works for Mozilla on adding privacy features to
> Firefox. He has been frustrated so far at getting his commits in: he has
> buy-in from the security team, but other teams block his commits with
> statements like "it's an arms race we can't win, so don't even bother
> trying to make things better".

this is disappointing. i hope it is a transient situation...

> - Start summarizing Tor research papers on the blog more regularly. There
> have been a huge number of really important research papers lately,
> and most Tor people don't know about them. Should I summarize them on
> the blog (for a broader audience), or on tor-dev (for the rest of the
> Tor developers), or what?

the blog has more search engine visibility, open commentary;
announcing entry on the dev list with a link not a bad idea either.
</$0.02>

  and when does anonbib get links to reviews? ;)