[tor-talk] Orbot Data Overhead

Patrick B patrickbx at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 15:44:47 UTC 2012

It depends on what you use it for. If you are using it with specific
applications that support proxying, you can just turn Orbot on as you
need to, this probably won't inccur very much extra data usage.

Worst case scenario, if you leave Orbot running 24/7(~200MB a month)
and all your data has high overhead (web traffic) you would only be
able to use about a little less then 200MB of your plan. You could
gain an extra 100 MB back by running Orbot 12 hours a day.