[tor-talk] How to force redirect each application through separate SocksPorts? (preventing identity correlation)

proper at secure-mail.biz proper at secure-mail.biz
Tue Jun 12 15:02:27 UTC 2012

<proper at secure-mail.biz> wrote:
> Many applications, such as wget, apt-get, gpg, etc. do not speak socks, are
> unlikely to speak socks anytime soon, but support http.
> [...]
> What other options left, to route, let's say, wget through port 9052, apt-get
> through SocksPort 9053, gpg through SocksPort 9054 and so on?

Answering my own question... I hacked something together, which I call uwt. [1] Hopefully, it can be useful for anyone else. The backend uwt uses, torsocks, might probable be exchanged with another wrapper, such as proxychains.

Feel free to comment on uwt and to propose any other solution.

[1] https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/torsocks