[tor-talk] IPv6

proper at secure-mail.biz proper at secure-mail.biz
Tue Jun 5 15:24:27 UTC 2012

> Tomorrow (June 6) IPv6 is officially out there.

And will still take years until most ISPs in most countries offer it.

> What are the pros and cons of IPv6 regarding our privacy?

Hosting bridges and relays will be easier, because less people are behind NAT. I hope for some more servers, there are probable a lot people who want to serve, and who are using the bridge/relay bundle, but unable to activate the port forwarding. Be it because of technical limitations, because of bugs (upnp not working) or because of lack of knowledge/motivation to do it.

> Is Tor IPv6 ready?

Someone else has to answer about the current status.
https://bridges.torproject.org/ has at the bottom some info about IPv6.