[tor-talk] Building Petnames with DNSSEC...?

Greg Troxel gdt at work.lexort.com
Mon Jun 4 14:19:54 UTC 2012

My take is that [hex].onion is not really a domain name, but an address
in a new address family for a different protocol, which has then been
stuck into a domain name.

So the technically right thing to do, all practical considerations
aside, is to define a new family, analagous to A and AAAA, perhaps TOR,
and put in "IN TOR" records with [hex] as the RHS.

I think other choices are about trying to implement that semantics with
as few changes to infrastructure as possible.