[tor-talk] anyone created an acct on GMX using Tor?

Joe Btfsplk joebtfsplk at gmx.com
Tue Jul 31 23:56:55 UTC 2012

On 7/31/2012 4:13 PM, Flo wrote:
> I looks like as they blocked the most Tor exits and also a lot of
> people trying to make an account at GMX, and they block IPs after 3
> created accounts per day...
>
> Joe Btfsplk schrieb:
>>
>> Has anyone successfully created a GMX email acct using Tor? It won't
>> work for me - just get " Sorry, cannot process registration at this
>> time."
>> At lst, it wouldn't let me copy / paste PW twice - 2nd box showed diff
>> # of asterisks & gave PWs don't match error. That session timed out on
>> me.
>>
>> I set my exit nodes to use US exits & GMX seems to recognize I'm in
>> the U.S. (which I am).
>> Cleared all cookies & cache, created new Tor identity & got new IP
>> address. Went back & tried again & typed simple PW that met minimum
>> criteria.
>>
>> Still the "cannot process registration..." No explanation why. If it
>> was because I mis typed the captcha, it didn't say so.
>>
>> If it's worked for others (& maybe they could shed some light), I'll
>> just wait & try much later. Thanks.

Thanks Flo.  If what you say is correct, maybe the only way to create an
acct is be one of the 1st 3 on a given day.  I'll need to figure out the
time zone of their server, set my clock for ~ 11:50 PM, their time &
voila :D  Seriously, I don't know if it can be done.  Maybe if one was
persistent about changing IP addresses, clearing cookies / cache,
waiting a while...  Lot of work, unless there's an easier way.