[tor-talk] Tor and the National lottery in the UK

Nick Brooks nick at almostfinished.org
Wed Jul 18 15:14:27 UTC 2012

Hi All

This is my first post here so 'Hello'

I have recently discovered that The National Lottery in the UK is
preventing me from accessing their website (despite the fact that my
account has funds in it) because I run a Tor node from my IP address and
that I have to not run Tor for six months before they'll allow me to
access my account.  They do this because they claim I might be outside
the UK and use a piece of software made by Neustar to 'geolocate' me.
It doesn't cause me a major problem because I can use my phone (probably
from anywhere in the world)  to access the site but I thought people
might like to know.

Regards

Nick