[tor-talk] New-to-TOR Quick Questions -- not in FAQ

starlight at binnacle.cx starlight at binnacle.cx
Sun Jul 8 23:07:03 UTC 2012

I'm looking at setting up TOR and have
a couple of questions I couldn't find
ready answers to with web searching or
the FAQ.

1) Will the TOR bundle co-exist peacefully
and separately with a Firefox 13 install under
Windows (2008 SP2 x64)?  Ideally I'd like for them
to not interact at all and for the TOR instance
of Firefox to run simultaneously to a regular
Firefox browser session without problems.

2) If the answer to (1) is no, then I will
create a KVM guest OS dedicated to running
TOR.  In that case which OS is better,
an instance of 64-bit CentOS 6.2 or
an instance of Windows Server 2008 R2
x64?  Or is there some other OS flavor or
distro that works much better than anything
else and would be the best option?

Any help is much appreciated.

I have curmudgeonly e-mail blocking,
so please just respond to the list so you
won't be bounced.

Thanks!