[tor-talk] TorBirdy 0.0.7 released - testing and feedback requested!

Jacob Appelbaum jacob at appelbaum.net
Fri Jul 6 10:34:05 UTC 2012

proper at secure-mail.biz:
> If you ever wanted to contribute something related to Tor, then
> TorBirdy is a good place to start because the project is relatively
> new. Therefore it's easy (from user's perspective) to learn
> everything about it and to stay up to date as it grows.

I agree - it's easy and it's a simple project at the moment. Mike Perry
thinks it is likely to grow into a rabbit hole from which I will never
escape....

> Installation and usage is easy.
>
> The issue tracker is relatively empty.
>
> Open tickets:
> https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/query?status=accepted&status=assigned&status=closed&status=needs_information&status=needs_review&status=needs_revision&status=new&status=reopened&component=TorBirdy&order=priority&col=id&col=summary&col=component&col=status&col=type&col=priority&col=milestone

Most of these are really easy to fix - please do just jump in!

> All tickets, including closed (solved) tickets:
> https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/query?status=accepted&status=assigned&status=closed&status=needs_information&status=needs_review&status=needs_revision&status=new&status=reopened&component=TorBirdy&order=priority&col=id&col=summary&col=component&col=status&col=type&col=priority&col=milestone

Design document:
> https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/attachment/wiki/doc/TorifyHOWTO/EMail/Thunderbird/Thunderbird%2BTor.pdf

We've

tried to stick to this as much as is possible.

All the best,
Jacob