[tor-talk] blocked exit node IP because of spam

Sam Whited sam at samwhited.com
Sun Jul 1 19:32:15 UTC 2012

On Sat, Jun 30, 2012 at 3:17 PM, || ΣΖΟ || <manostienen at gmail.com> wrote:
> So spammers abuse tor...

Yes, they always have, and probably always will.

> I wonder how the tor community thinks about this is this accepted, or
> will know spammers be blocked or anything?

Tor is designed to keep people anonymous; this works for both the good
guys, and the bad. This isn't something the Tor Project needs to fix
except through continued marketing and education. I'd suggest emailing
the administrator of the forums you're having trouble with (and
possibly the IP blacklist site) and explain what Tor is, a bit about
how it works, and exactly why it's beneficial for them to whitelist
Tor exit nodes. Maybe you can convince them to change their minds.

Good luck.

—Sam

--
Sam Whited