[tor-talk] tor-bundle , ssh , torsock howto ?

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Sun Jan 22 10:40:45 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 11:20:56PM +0530, J. Bakshi wrote:
> > tortunnel+ssh+proxychains.
> >
> torproxy is new to me. Where can I get this ?

You don't want to use tortunnel or torproxy. Tortunnel is an independent
implementation of a Tor client, which aims to provide better performance
by screwing your anonymity.

Specifically, it tries to cheat and use a one-hop circuit, which is
dangerous for the relay operators and foolish for your anonymity:
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/TorFAQ#Youshouldletpeoplechoosetheirpathlength.
(This trick doesn't work on exit relays running 0.2.2.17-alpha or later.)

> Though I like to give torsocs a test.. with tor-bundle

Depending on your OS, you might like
https://www.torproject.org/docs/faq#TBBSocksPort

--Roger