[tor-talk] Google as default search engine revisited

Javier Bassi javierbassi at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 04:05:20 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 7:20 PM, Maxim Kammerer <mk at dee.su> wrote:
> Google can also potentially use its “suggest” feature (on which
> “instant” is based) to deanonymize users:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keystroke_dynamics.

You raised a valid point. Although I have looked at the sent requests
and they don't collect the necessary information for this attack, they
could. And although a statistical attack applying keystroke dynamics
with their billion monthly unique visitors is practically impossible,
it is theoretically possible. This theoretical threat to anonymity
should be enough to make TBB devs move away from Google (or at least
remove google.com in NoScript's default whitelist)