[tor-talk] Google as default search engine revisited

Mirko 5p4m at gmx.de
Wed Jan 11 13:53:40 UTC 2012

Maxim Kammerer schrieb am 11.01.2012 10:22:58

Are you referring to this (from https://duckduckgo.com/privacy.html)?

> DuckDuckGo prevents search leakage by default. Instead, when you
> click on a link on our site, we route (redirect) that request in
> such a way so that it does not send your search terms to other
> sites. The other sites will still know that you visited them, but
> they will not know what search you entered beforehand.

They give https://duckduckgo.com/privacy.html#s1 as a reason.

You can turn it off on the settings page. You can even turn it off
by default via the search URL parameters (all options can be turned
on/ off this way without allowing cookies), so it could be off in a
default browser search plugin.