[tor-talk] "Invalid Server Certificate" accessing torproject.org on Chrome/Windows

Ondrej Mikle ondrej.mikle at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 11:48:55 UTC 2012

On 01/05/12 05:18, Greg wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
> Thank you for taking a stab at this issue!  I just tried this now, and
> it still doesn't work.  I don't remember precisely what the chain
> looked, so I can't be sure I'm seeing anything different at all. I
> restarted Chrome (but not Windows).  Both www.torproject.org and
> trac.torproject.org show the same error.
> The chain that I see now is:
> *.torproject.org -->  DigiCert High Assurance CA-3 -->  DigiCert
> (i've attached a screen shot of this.)
>
> Thanks,
> Greg

Can you tell me exactly what version of Windows 2003 server you have?
(patchlevel, etc.; sorry I don't know where it is mentioned, maybe in System
settings) As I said, I can reproduce it on an old WinXP machine, which I keep
exactly for debugging stuff like this, so you're not the only one.

I suspect this has to do something with a Windows patch that fixes this issue.

Ondrej