[tor-talk] "Invalid Server Certificate" accessing torproject.org on Chrome/Windows

Andrew Lewman andrew at torproject.org
Thu Jan 5 02:51:47 UTC 2012

I think this is fixed for www.torproject.org now. Digicert apparently
updated their ca chained certs at some point. I've put the updated
ca-certs on the www servers. If this works, we can update them on all
torproject servers.

And for fun, I've attached the gnutls-cli output of the old cert in
place and the new cert in place.

tl;dr we went from:
our cert -> DigiCert High Assurance CA-3

to now:
cert -> DigiCert High Assurance CA-3 -> DigiCert High Assurance EV Root
CA

I couldn't replicate the problem in Chromium, FF9, nor whatever version
of android i have on an obsolete phone.

--
Andrew
http://tpo.is/contact