[tor-talk] TBB Users: We Need New Directions on Torifying Software!

x1x2x3x4x5x6x7x8x9x0 at Safe-mail.net x1x2x3x4x5x6x7x8x9x0 at Safe-mail.net
Tue Jan 3 06:01:44 UTC 2012

This page:

Torifying software HOWTO:
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/TorifyHOWTO

is now, for most people using the Tor Browser Bundle, obsolete.

We who use the TBB do not have torify, usewithtor, tor-resolve, socat, torsocks, privoxy, polipo and other types of programs within the TBB directory.

I propose someone create a new page for Torifying software, aimed squarely at TBB users. Would installing a proxy like Polipo or Privoxy and telling Vidalia to use an HTTP proxy be enough? If so, where and what do we configure with the proxy and Vidalia?

Please don't gloss over this post, it is very important, many individuals the world over have expressed their desire to torify applications within TBB, but they're stuck because they can't!

I am calling for answers and a definite resolution to this problem, thank you and happy new year.

"The United States has it's own propaganda, but it's very effective because people don't realize that it's propaganda. And it's subtle, but it's actually a much stronger propaganda machine than the Nazis had but it's funded in a different way. With the Nazis it was funded by the government, but in the United States, it's funded by corporations and corporations they only want things to happen that will make people want to buy stuff. So whatever that is, then that is considered okay and good, but that doesn't necessarily mean it really serves people's thinking - it can stupify and make not very good things happen." - Crispin Glover