[tor-talk] Does obfsproxy make any sense for relays

MacLemon tor at maclemon.at
Wed Feb 29 18:24:21 UTC 2012

On 29.02.2012, at 18:34, Roger Dingledine wrote:
>> Would it hurt to implement obfsproxy into a relay?
> Somebody needs to sit down and solve
> first

May I draw the following conclusion from that or have I fallen for a misunderstanding?

Implementing obfsproxy as instructed here
https://www.torproject.org/projects/obfsproxy-instructions.html.en
but not setting "BridgeRelay 1" does actually make sense to potentially help people reach tor? (Given the way Iran currently handles tor traffic.)

This is what I meant with “implementation”. I guess it was bad wording on my part (since I’m not native english speaking). I did net actually mean to incorporate obfsproxy functionality into the tor binary (at the moment).

Thanks!
MacLemon