[tor-talk] The tor bridge in China

Andrew Lewman andrew at torproject.org
Fri Feb 24 21:27:33 UTC 2012

On Thu, 23 Feb 2012 22:01:22 +0800 (CST)
刚毅之男 <new-band007 at 163.com> wrote:

> Hello,i'm anovice that i get the knowledge that china has reject the
> tor network,so does it mean that it's useless to be a tor bridge in
> china?

Yes. Your bridge will not be able to talk to the rest of the tor
network, so will remain isolated.

> Addtion to talk is that i wonder if i get the tor running to set the
> socks proxy in the setting of validdia,will it be safe to use the tor
> network?

Yes, we believe it is safe, even encouraged for some parts of the
world, such as China, where they are bent on hating the open Internet.
See https://www.torproject.org/docs/proxychain.html.en for more details.

--
Andrew
http://tpo.is/contact