[tor-talk] Scroogle is No More?

Mr Dash Four mr.dash.four at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 21 14:44:48 UTC 2012

> Why did you pick seeks over YaCy?

Neither are any good - from what I gather, yacy requires software
installed on my machine (yeah, right, why would I want to pollute my
machine with some unknown software for the "privilege" of using a bloody
search engine?) and seeks isn't any good either, not secure at all! On
top of it all, the query strings form part of the URL
(http://seeks-project.info/search_exp.php/search?lang=en&q=YaCy&expansion=1&action=expand&engines=&content_analysis=off&ui=stat
- for example, check out the "q" parameter), so they are visible to
anyone who wishes to track me down.

Scroogle, is/was the best out there - by a mile! Nothing even comes
close, unfortunately!