[tor-talk] Scroogle is No More?

tor at lists.grepular.com tor at lists.grepular.com
Tue Feb 21 14:38:46 UTC 2012

On 21/02/12 14:27, Mr Dash Four wrote:

>> I've started using this instead: https://startpage.com/
>>
>> It provides Google search results, supports https, works without
>> javascript enabled, seems to be hosted in the Netherlands and they take
>> a good approach to privacy:
>>
>> https://startpage.com/eng/protect-privacy.html
>>
> "You may be using a privacy-oriented browser extension that conflicts
> with Startpage. Please disable this extension and try your search again.
> If this does not help, please contact us at (212) 447-1100 (USA) or
> autoquery @ ixquick.com."
>
> Yeah, as if! startpage.com is off my list! Next...

Strange. I don't get that error message when accessing startpage.com
over Tor. I'm not using a standard bundle like TorBrowser though. Would
be interesting to find out which particular aspect of your configuration
is leading to that error message.

--
Mike Cardwell  https://grepular.com/     http://cardwellit.com/
OpenPGP Key    35BC AF1D 3AA2 1F84 3DC3  B0CF 70A5 F512 0018 461F