[tor-talk] Scroogle is No More?

Mr Dash Four mr.dash.four at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 21 14:32:52 UTC 2012

> I've tried DuckduckGo, It isn't for heavy engine users. It seems like a
> childrens search engine, and it has a lousy results format format.
>
> I don't understand how Ixquick/Startpage can tap Google, yet Google goes
> out of its way to crush Scroogle, which was by far the best out of what
> I've found and checked on this thread.
>
> I must be getting old, YaCy and Seeks can not replace Scroogle on its
> worse day.  My browser clears everything (cookies, flash) when it shuts
> down. Why would I want to tie into any of these?
>
> Clusty/Yippy fell to the dark side, after being bought they adopted a
> disturbing censorship policy.
>
> For a heave engine user, Scroogle is hard to replace, none of these is
> getting it done like Scroogle; Ixquick, maybe, with a bit of
> Greasemonkey, but I don't like the fact that they have Google access via
> two sites while Scroogle is being forced off the net for virtually doing
> the same thing.

The most sensible answer in this thread - by far!

Ixquick isn't good either - when I tried it, I get this little gem: "You
may be using a privacy-oriented browser extension that conflicts with
Ixquick. Please disable this extension and try your search again. If
this does not help, please contact us at (212) 447-1100 (USA) or
autoquery @ ixquick.com." Yeah, right, as if I am going to do that!

Their interface seems exactly the same as the startpage.com one I tried
a few minutes ago. Draw your own concussions!