[tor-talk] IP being banned - Help!

Andy Dixon tor at andydixon.com
Fri Feb 17 21:00:41 UTC 2012

On 02/17/2012 20:07, Gramps wrote:
> Greetings;
>
> On this one site I keep getting messages
>
> "Your IP(xx.xx.xx.xx) has been banned by administrator."
>
> I can fix it by going to the Vidalia Control Panel and changing
> identity, but it is a PITA. Is there any way to stop this from
> happening in the first place?
>
> Many TIA,
> Dennis
Hi,

It happens. bad users can cause IP addresses to be blacklisted, or BOFHs
can blacklist Tor endpoint IPs.

Unfortunately, my exit node suffers from the same issue, which is a
shame. :/

Depending on the blacklist, some get removed automatically after a
period of time, others (an equivalent for email, the CBL) would require
manual whitelisting.

This probably doesn't help you though...

Andy