[tor-talk] bridge up & down times

eliaz eliaz at tormail.net
Mon Feb 13 14:17:51 UTC 2012

On Feb 12, 2012, at 11:38 PM, eliaz wrote:
> * When I do have to shut down my machine or stop Tor I'd like to do it
> when no clients are using the bridge.
> Is there an app from which over time I could get an idea of when it's
> least disruptive to stop Tor?

You can set the ShutdownWaitLength tor configuration option to something
very high, like half an hour or so. That means Tor will continue
servicing ongoing connections, but not accept new ones. Once there are
no more ongoing connections or 30 minutes are up, Tor will exit.

Cool, thanks. What's the unit for ShutdownWaitLength? (seconds, ms, ...?)