[tor-talk] How to use Tor Browser without TBB Bundle?

Joe Btfsplk joebtfsplk at gmx.com
Tue Feb 7 20:49:44 UTC 2012

On 2/7/2012 2:28 PM, Phillip wrote:

>>> Thanks for the link C, I did what it suggested vis modifying the
>>> start-tor-browser script, but it ends up just launching another window
>>> of Firefox and not Aurora...
>> Try adding option -no-remote to Firefox, it should start new process instead of
>> connecting to an already running instance.
>>
>> Ondrej
>>
> Heyya Ondrej! Thanks for the reply! Quick (possibly slightly stupid)
> question - the -no-remote option, do I add that to the start-tor-browser
> script? And if so, where?
Don't know about "a script."  Normally, if you want to run more than one
version of Firefox (or maybe Aurora), you add the "- no-remote" command
after the Target box string (command path), that is found by R clicking
the start icon > Properties.  As an example, for Firefox icon, you'd see
something like:

"D:\ProgramFiles (x86)\Mozilla\Firefox 9\firefox.exe"

This is the path where the executable file is installed (or in Aurora's
case, extracted [not installed] ).  NOTE:  the quote marks are necessary.

So adding the -no-remote command would result in something like:
"D:\ProgramFiles (x86)\Mozilla\Firefox 9\firefox.exe" -no-remote
note:  in the example above, there is a space after ...firefox.exe" and
the -no-remote command.  Type it just as shown (substituting the path
where the 2nd instance (version) of AURORA you want to run is located).
IOW, put a space between the quote mark after firefox (aurora) and the
1st hyphen, in front of -no-remote

If you were using this in a script, I suppose the use of -no-remote
would be the same as described.