[tor-talk] tor-blocking sites

Mr Dash Four mr.dash.four at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 6 19:24:31 UTC 2012

I am sick of them all!

Initially, there was a small number of these in the wild, but now it is
widely spread - google is the main offender, but youtube (which is, as
we all know, google-owned) and now, wait for it, scroogle.org (a site I
use a lot) is also at it!

Tor-blocking could be very easily to implement by parsing
cached-descriptors{.new} to see all exit nodes and then add them to a
blacklist and start blocking. Is there anything which can be done to
prevent this?

I am thinking of something similar to what is currently in existence
with the bridge system - you don't know them all, just a portion of it,
enough to connect you to the network. Could something similar be
implemented with tor?